Most of the time, when you want to plan a fun party, a well-decorated and delicious cake makes all the difference. Edible cake decorations won’t steer you wrong because they are made from marzipan and hand sculpted to perfection. Generally, Christmas cakes are known to be made with the primary ingredient of marzipan paste. Considering that personally designed decorations are sculpted and shaped by hand, no two will ever look a like. Most sources claim that marzipan originated in China, edibles canada while some other sources dispute this claim by stating that it was rather in Ancient Egypt. Regardless of where they originally came from, edible cake decorations are still around today and are created for a variety of holidays, including: Christmas, birthdays, weddings, and even at Halloween.
Decorations are fun and catchy and they can definitely lend an upbeat feeling to any party. On the other hand, having a big beautiful cake without the eye-catching edibles can put a damper on the situation.
Decorations can turn an ordinary cake into an attention grabbing piece of art and at the same time they can transform it in a personalized gift that has an impact on the person or the events celebrated.
For your next special occasion, consider edible cake decorations like specialty chocolate, specially made hand crafted sugar flowers, or sugar icing ornaments. Here is a brief list of the most popular types of decorations around.
- Sugar Paste / Rolled Fondant – This provides the cake with an external faade by softly pouring the icing over the cake and then dressing it. The fondant can be flavored and colored with different aromas and hues.
- Wafer or Rice Paper – Edible cake decorations made from starch; it can be cut without difficulty into various shapes and sizes, creating incredible images.
- Daisy Sugar Flowers – Beautiful edible cake decorations that have bright colors and are often the best choice for a girl’s birthday cake.
- Double Heart Quins – Very common for occasions such as Valentine’s Day or weddings, these decorations offer a romantic note to any cake.
- Edible Easter Rabbits – The modern symbolic representation of Easter, the edible bunny will always be the best option for an Easter edible cake decoration, as it represents the spirit of the holiday.